Thursday, June 16, 2011

rehearsal invite

I just love when someone asks me to make cards and sets me free to do whatever I want. I was told to do something with green and yellow to match the wedding colors. Then she left it up to me to create something awesome. No pressure, right?! Really though when i am creating for someone else, I seem to do my best work, or maybe it is just the chance to do something girly. Hopefully it is alright to post these now. (ha! not that anyone really reads this blog anyway)
 First I fell in love with this patterned paper. It is Irresistible from the be my valentine line from We R Memory Keepers. There wasn't as much yellow as I was originally hoping for, but after looking through the whole store I still came back to it and I knew I could make it work somehow.
 My favorite part of the card is this gorgeous ribbon. Sigh, isn't it lovely?! The buttery color is just what I needed to finish off my cards. The ribbon is by American Crafts, and I found it at my LSS. It is a tulle background with the rosettes made from a twisted gauze type fabric that was stitched in place. I love the messy handmade look of it.
I made 16 of these and to make life a little easier I just printed the inside information and then attached my assembled card fronts.

No comments: