Saturday, November 5, 2011

bake sales

Today is our school's annual craft sale. This is one of our biggest fundraisers for the school. We make and sell apple pies and dumplings, pig in the blankets, turkey rollups, and bonquet. We also have families donate homemade soups, jams and jellies, breads and cookies. As I was baking all my goodies for the sale I decided I wanted to make them pretty, but I didn't want to have to spend too much time or money on it. Here is what I came up with.
I wrapped my breads ( and batches of cookies as well) in plastic wrap and tied with pretty ribbon. I jsut dug in my scrap ribbon jar and pulled out a few that were long enough to wrap around. Then I slipped in a tag with the name of the baked goodies handwritten on it.

In order to make my tags quick, easy and cute I just used journaling cards from this sheet of cards by Jillibean soup.
Well I am off to go work my shift at the sale. I want to wish my Mom a very happy birthday today as well. It is a big one this year, and we will be celebrating with friends and family in my parents barn tonight.

No comments: