Thursday, August 27, 2009

Bon Appetit

ETA: my brother called me and let me know that he loved the recipe box. I think he is hoping Julie will start cooking his favorite foods for him. :)

My brother proposed to his girlfriend back in February. They asked me and my 2 boys to be in the wedding, which is coming up on September 18. That is one of the reasons I have been so busy. Today I thought I would share some shower items I made.
Tuesday we had another bridal shower. (that is the 3rd, one more to go) I am really happy with how the gift turned out for this one.
A while back I purchased a recipe box, recipe cards and a matching magnetic meal planner in Micheal's dollar bins. I altered the box with DCWV "Nanna's kitchen" stack. The paper is really fun and has lots of glitter. I also made matching dividers for the recipe box. My mom then copied a bunch of my brothers favorite recipes on the cards. I think this is a gift my brother will really enjoy too. :)After I finished the recipe box I wanted a fun way to wrap it all. I had bought some hat box style boxes on clearance after the 4th of July. They were red with flags and patriotic sayings on them. I altered them with ribbon and paper to match the gifts colors.
I then made a card to matchSuch a fun set I think. Tomorrow I will share the favors I made for the shower. (I told you I was busy)

No comments: