This morning I went to a stamping party at my friends house. It was great to get out and talk to crafty people. I must admit I have been fighting getting into stamping for a really long time. I have a few alphabet sets and a very small collection of acrylic stamps, but not much to speak of. Honestly I just cannot afford it. Lately it has been getting harder and harder to resist though, and not just from going to this party. Many of my favorite crafters design for stamp companies such as PTI, Lizzie Anne, Pink Cat, ect and there have been some amazing releases. Oye! What is a girl to do. (so in case you are wondering I resisted buying any stamps this morning...but I did get a couple of essential punches, and hope to be able to get a couple more)
Wow I guess not blogging for awhile has made me chatty; sorry about that. I'll get onto the good stuff.
We made 3 cards today:


This first one is my personal favorite of the 3. I love this color combination. Also the card is cut a little smaller than the A2 size and is then adhered to a piece of black cardstock that is traditional A2 size so it still fits in a standard envelope.

This next card uses one of the big rollers for the stars. And the fun torn notebook paper punch. I just love that look. I had to add ribbon to the side of mine b/c I didn't follow directions very good and had some blank white space to fill. :)

The last card is a fun butterfly card. I love the swirly sentiment. It states: "the time to be happy is now. the place to be happy is here.
Okay, I know I have been chatty enough but I just had to share my latest purchase. I was at hobby lobby looking for materials for some invites I am making and I noticed that select furniture was up to 80% off. Off course I had to take a look, and I found this cute bistro/cafe style table and 2 matching chairs for $60. I had been wanting to get rid of the table and chairs in our porch and replace it with something smaller, but didn't really have the extra money to spend on furniture. When I saw this good deal for exactly what I was hoping for; I couldn't pass it up.

Okay sorry for the poor picture it was taken yesterday morning in the early sunlight coming through the window. My boys love the chairs because they swivel. I love the scrolls on the base of the table.
No comments:
Post a Comment