Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Eat it?

Pulling out all the Christmas paper for my cards insipred me to do a Christmas layout. This layout uses the Basic Grey papers that I LOVE Fruit cake and Figgy. It is really hard to see(even faint in real life) but the red square has a calendar stamp on it; where I circled the date. It is by Imaginesence and I got it at my LSS for $.99 Woohoo! There are several more including an adorable little giraffee too. I used got sketch #64 for my layout. http://www.gotsketch.blogspot.com/ I just love this blog. They took a break for an online class, but it is over now so I am hoping they start posting new sketches soon.
The journaling strips read "It really used to bug me when my mom took pictures of me Christmas morning with my pjs and messy bed head hair. Now I understand. You are so cute with your sleepy eyes, bed head hair and pjs. When you saw that sucker in your stocking you looked at me and said "eh?" and pointed to your tongue. Yes cutie pie, that sucker is for you, you may eat it. *this last part is below the pictures* Some day you will understand the AM Christmas pics. Mommy
Don't you just love that hair sticking out in the back?! :) This is my oldest son Lucas back in 2005....doesn't really seem that long ago. I can still remember that morning so clearly. Glad I was able to scrap it while I still remembered the details.
On another note, I think my Cricut is about to bite the dust. I am so sad! It started freezing up mid cut. It has done this randomly before, but this time I could not get it to reset even after unplugging it. Luckily after reading on the Cricut message boards I was able to get it to reset. I really hope that when I call Cricut tomorrow they can do something to fix it; better yet send me a new one. I was just thinking about investing in the design studio too...now I think I'll wait and see.
We are gearing up for a camping trip this weekend. Heading over to Mackinaw City. We got a campsite that is right on the lake with a view of the bridge. Can't wait to get away with just the family for awhile; think it will do us good. :)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

i love your journaling! I always get stuck on that, but your sentiment really tugged my heart strings! I hope you enjoy your holiday and i hope you got your cricut fixed, i love the ds i am sop pleased i invested in it
Amanda from Scotland

Valerie Salmon said...

Hi there! Thanks for sharing a link to your layout based on sketch #64. Glad you found inspiration from the sketch. Please keep on sharing because I love to see what everyone does with the sketches.
Enjoy the blog!