Thursday, July 3, 2008

Sad news

While I was away camping the father of a friend of ours passed away. He has been battling with cancer, and had been steadily declining for sometime now. It is always so hard to know what to say at a time like this, but I have come to a realization now: It is better to do something to show you care than to try to come up with the "right" words to say. There are no right words, and you usually come off sounding pat if you try anyway. Since I am a crafter a handmade card is a natural gesture to show that I care and I am thinking of you. So I made this card to send to the funeral home. Since our friend is across the state dealing with all of this we will not be able to make it to the memorial service.
So anyway, here is my sympathy card. I had a really hard time with this one. Not only because of the nature of the card, but also because it is for a guy and I sometimes struggle with making masculine looking cards. I am happy with the end result of this one though.

I drew the image based on a clipart I found on my computer. I then lightly chalked it to add just a touch of color. All of the text was printed from the computer. I found the sentiment for the inside at http://www.twopeasinabucket.com in the peasoup section.
Hope everyone has a fabulous holiday! I am busy baking and packing to head back to the lake. We will sit on the boardwalk and watch the fire works then head back to the campground for some campfire goodies and fun. Last year my oldest son slept right through the fireworks and all the crowds and noise as we walked back to the campground. He is not particularly thrilled by all the loud fireworks, but I have always loved them; especially the really loud boomers. :) I would love to hear what your plans for the day are.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Love the tree and the card. I'm sorry about the circumstances for it though...