Thursday, July 10, 2008

You spin me right round baby, right round

Sorry couldn't help but use the song lyrics for my title...it has been stuck in my head. AND it has relevance to the card I am posting today. :) I made a spinner card. Another super fun technique card with an interactive feature. I can't stop playing with mine!This second photo shows the cap in mid spin. I did a quick video to show it in motion...but it was taking forever for blogger to upload it, so I gave up/

I found my instructions here: http://chicnscratch.typepad.com/stampinacademy/2008/03/owl-spinner-car.html but I know that splitcoast stampers has a tutorial for this card too. (Angie's tutorial is nice because it is a video and I am a visual learner) I did modify the directions a little. First of all I made my card a different size - very easy change to make since it doesn't really effect the directions. Second, I don't have the sentiment window stamp, and I found that the dimensional adhesive I was using is a bit different size than the Stampin Up ones. So, what I did was measure the dimensional and then cut a slit in my paper using my craft knife just a smidgen bigger than the dimensional (so it could slide), then I rounded the ends a little bit using a circle template.
Not sure why I made a graduation card, since that is the last card I need right now (we just got done with graduation season, what was I thinking?!) When I saw the tutorial the first idea I had was a spinning grad cap with the sentiment hats off to you. I was picturing the hats spinning in the air when they throw them up at the end of the ceremony. Anywho...a graduation card it is. Now that I have successfully made one, I plan on making a few Christmas ones (spinning snowflakes and snowmen in my future)
Have a good night! And if you try this one let me know, I would love to see what you come up with.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

i made a cut file for this for my design studio i have made spinner cards for my little girl ellie and all her friends, never thought i would use those sticky foam pads and yet here i am trying to buy more!!!!
Amanda