Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Short Cuts

I didn't have time to finish the card with my tip to share. Hopefully I can get to that tomorrow, but a few other things have come up. I do have a couple of really fun cards to show you though.





Being that they are clear cards, they were a bit hard to photograph. On the first card I created coordinating layers to hide my adhesive on both sides. This was a fun way to use double sided pattern paper and see both sides. Also it is hard to see in the photo, but I used my threading water puch on the edge of the card. It was a bit hard to punch through the acrylic with this punch since it is larger, but I noticed that smaller punches don't seem to have a problem.
The second one is one of my favorite cards now. I am slightly infatuated with pears right now for some reason. I hand cut the pears and pieced them together. I had made a couple of pear cards recently and then I found out that one of the cricut carts has a pear cut. I hadn't realized that. When I saw it I loved it, but of course I can't afford another cart right now. So I used that image and drew one myself. I created a template out of card stock so now I can just trace it and cut out the pieces. (extremely time consuming, but hey it works) In case you can't tell the stamping(flourishes and sentiment) and pears are adhered to the front of the card. For the ribbon I punched a small hold on the fold of the card to run it around the front of the card. The scalloped pattern paper is on the inside. I used spray adhesive to adhere everything since the backs are all exposed. (tip: I stamped my "created by" stamp on the back of my card stock before spraying with adhesive so it is now visible on the back of the card)
I made both of these with clear card blanks from sheetload shortcuts. This is an awesome product. The cards are very sturdy, and can hold more than transparencies. Also, they have excellent customer service. I first received a defective package and they sent me a new one without question along with a small extra. The shipping was very fast as well. I definitely recommend them. You can view more about them at their blog: sheetloadshortcuts.blogspot.com

5 comments:

KristinB said...

WOW!! I LOVE the pear card!!! It looks great!!

Anonymous said...

The pear card is beautiful! All your hard work really paid off.

MacKenzie said...

Your pear card is AMAZING!! Love love love it!

BTW - got my mini leaves at JoAnns and Fool Your Family will be back this week :-)

Call Me Crafty Al said...

I am so glad you are enjoying your new ShortCust product! I just love that Pear card - it is gorgeous.
TFS!
Alicia of ShortCuts :)

Vicki Chrisman said...

Great card!
Thanks for coming by my blog!