Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sculpture Park


Pulling out the really old pictures now! hehe! These are from May of 2005. (yeah I'm behind and I know it) This is based off a sketch from a new blog I just found called Got Sketch. Unfortunately they are taking a month off for a class, but they have a great archive and they also have them tagged so you can search for a sketch with a certain amount of pictures. Love that. Go check them out at http://gotsketch.blogspot.com/.

This layout is based off of sketch #36. I was really inspired by the layout that Catherine Bodine created so I used that as my starting point. These pictures were taken on my DH and I's first anniversary. We had free tickets from Josh's work so we went to the Meijer Gardens in the afternoon. My parents watched Lucas so we could go out just the 2 of us at night. The Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park is really gorgeous and the children's area is awesome. So if you are in the area you should go check it out. Visit thier website here: http://www.meijergardens.org/
I used a useful tip that I recently learned. Instead of using a big piece of black cardstock to mat the photos as I was originally planning; I cut thin strips of the black and adhered them to the photo edges. This gave the same visual impact, but used a lot less paper. Just thought I'd share, since I really appreciated learning it myself. :) Wish I could give credit to the person who I learned it from, but I can't remember where I read it.

1 comment:

Chris said...

love the tip on the matting of the pictures, great idea! and also thanks for yet ANOTHER blog for me to check into almost daily. :)