Thursday, June 12, 2008

A new sketch blog

I love challenges. They always get me motivated. I found a new card sketch blog http://2sketches4you.blogspot.com/. This is their second week and I just love the sketches and the designers samples. Go check them out!Here is my card for Kazan's sketch 2. I used my Collage Press papers for this. I painted the edges and then machine stitched the square onto the scallops. .
So, I've been eyeing all the cute owls for awhile now, but I didn't want to spend the money to buy an owl stamp or a diecut that can only be used once. So I went on the "good ole" internet and found a free paper piecing pattern. You can find it here: http://www.lovebugscrapbooking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18577&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 Isn't that owl just a little sweetie?! I love the ruffled feathers! Hope you can see the branch he is on. That is also cut from the Collage Press pp. As I was uploading the photos I realized that I forgot to include the envelope in the photo. Nothing too fancy, just a white envelope that I lined with the same pp as the scallops on the card. I just love adding those extra little touches. :)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the link - will go and check it out :) and I think this color combo is one of my favs - you card turned out lovely - thanks for playing at 2 Sketches 4 You this week.
:) Kazan

Tabitha said...

super card

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

Beautiful! :)

KristinB said...

That's so cute! Thanks for the links! I'm totally gonna try this! :)

michelle said...

How flippin cute is this !! great job and thanks for the link and your lovely comments on my card !!

Laura Davis said...

Cute card! Thanks for playing along:)
Laura

Chris said...

Love that card, and the owl! Looks like you and I are frequenting the same card sketch sites now... Was still trying to figure out what card I wanted to make for 2S4Y's sketch this week. :)

Kath Stewart said...

fab take on the sketch and love that little owl

Em said...

I just LOVE owls, this is such a fabby card :)

Lea L. said...

Awww...very cute! Loving the owl! Great job with the sketch!

~Lea