Edited to add:
I have often had problems with the folds not meeting up in the front as one comment pointed out. One thing I have done that works well is add a coordinating strip of paper to the front of the shirt and sew buttons onto it. This is also great if it bothers you that your pattern doesn't match up in the center like my stripe shirts, as it hides that fact. Here is a picture of one I did like that. If you try them, I would love to see them just post a link in the comment section. :)

You may remember the criss cross cards I made for my Aunt for Mother's Day. Well, the daycare Mom's that she gave them to really liked them (yay!) So she asked me to do something similar for Father's day. I made these shirt cards before, and really like them, so I decided to do them again. Instructions for this type of shirt can be found athttp://lds.about.com/od/programs3foldmission/a/missionary_card.htm
If you do a search for origami shirts than you will find a different variation. Those looked a little more complicated and I had done this one before so I stuck with it. :)
I made 7 of them total.

This is the insert that is in the back of the shirt. My aunt is going to attach pictures of the daycare kids in the middle of them.
This picture shows the insert in its spot in the shirt.
This is the back of the insert. I put a magnet on them so they can display them on the fridge if they want to.
Now I just have to make sure I finish my own Father's day cards. ;)
If you do a search for origami shirts than you will find a different variation. Those looked a little more complicated and I had done this one before so I stuck with it. :)

I made 7 of them total.


This is the insert that is in the back of the shirt. My aunt is going to attach pictures of the daycare kids in the middle of them.
This picture shows the insert in its spot in the shirt.
This is the back of the insert. I put a magnet on them so they can display them on the fridge if they want to.Now I just have to make sure I finish my own Father's day cards. ;)
3 comments:
These are WAY cute!! I may have to steal this idea!! :)
I tried one today! Not 100% happy since I didn't get the front of the shirt to meet up exact (so I have a small white strip going down), but happy enough! :)
Thanks for entering my challenge. I have added your entry. Love these shirts. I made one similar to these the other night for the first time. Love your work and blog. Will be visiting regularly. Thanks again.
Post a Comment